There are many ways to relieve neck pain caused by stress and other underlying conditions of discomfort or pain in the neck. Be sure to check with your primary care physician before starting any new routine, but here are a few options that may help relieve your pain.
- Stopping Bad Habits like drinking coffee, smoking or unhealthy eating routine can all play a role in aiding to relieve neck pain associated with stress in the body.
- Exercise, for example yoga or stretching, can help relieve pain, stress, or tension in the body and mind.
- Mental support from family or friends can help decrease stress on the body as well as the mind. Ask loved ones for favors or help when needed, so that tension and the feeling of stress are at bay when you are starting to feel overwhelmed. Help with responsibilities and emotional support can help alleviate pain and discomfort caused by stress.
- Regenerative Cellular Treatments use stem cells which are the body’s natural healers and are rich in mesenchymal stem cells and growth factors.
- PRP Injections, or Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, is used for more chronic neck pain. This therapy can be used to help heal neck pain caused by injured or weak ligaments and will enhance the body’s natural ability to heal itself from damage or stress.
- Low-level laser therapy can also aid in reducing pain coming from muscles and joints, which can be effective without undesirable side effects. The absorbed light from the pain-free laser stimulates the production of a metabolic pathway for cells using enzymes to oxidize nutrients.
- Chiropractic alterations and other manual remedies can offer assistance with the pain and discomfort in the neck.
Causes and Symptoms of Neck Pain
Neck pain can be caused by a number of different conditions. These can include:
- Injury or trauma from sports
- Everyday use and gradual wear and tear
- Disease or tumors
- A pinched nerve in the neck
- Poor posture or sleeping position
Common symptoms of neck pain can include:
- Weakness, numbness or tingling in the neck
- Decreased ability to lift objects
- Headaches or migraines
Occurring in about 1 out of every 10 people, neck pain is fairly common but manageable. There are many ways to relieve neck pain caused by stress, either in the comfort of your own home, or for more chronic neck pain, speak to your care provider.